Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mother Hen


This whole process has been so amazing. The anticipation nearly killed me, but it was all so worth it. There was a good couple of days (probably more like couple of weeks) where it was all I could talk about. So naturally in the 5o some odd people that I talked to there were a few that new their shiz. A friend of mine told me how he raised a clutch of wild turkeys when he was younger. He told me they imprinted on him immediately and said how they would follow him around. A little Fly Away Home if you ask me. I didn't really understand how true this was until I took the chicks out of their box and let them play around on my living room floor.





Every where I went they followed. I would sit down and they would find away to sit as close to me as possible. Beefy Brian would cuddle right up in my hand every time I let him. I have become extremely attached. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's time for the big move. I will do my best to keep my sister Robin and her little man hood removing tool away from my roosters. =) By the time this group is ready to move out, I will have a second set. I started round 2 July 23rd and now that I am more familiar with the incubator and process of it all I think I will have much fewer unhatched eggs.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying being the mother hen. Too much work for me, why I got them already grown HEHE

    What happened to your foot by the by?

    ReplyDelete