Saturday, July 11, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake






I volunteered to do the birthday shopping and baking for Misty's Birthday. Misty is my Manager at PTN. After gathering the important details.. (That she loves strawberry cake.) I did a quick search for frosting. I was going to take the easy route and use a box strawberry cake, as I have never even thought about making a homemade strawberry cake before. I would then add a special touch with a yummy homemade frosting. I went straight to my favorite recipe spot; www.smittenkitchen.com, recommended to me by my sister Robin months ago. There is nothing on that blog that I don't want to eat/make. The recipes all rock and her pictures are beautiful. Some day you will all be looking at my blog thinking these same things. There was a recipe for a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting called Pink Lady Cake. As hard as I tried to convince myself I didn't have the time to make a cake from scratch before the next day, I wound up at the store an hour later with a grocery basket filled with cake flower, strawberries and cream cheese.




The results we not exactly what I was hoping for, but they never are. It did taste great and it was a big hit at work. I'm just no artist when it comes to frosting a cake. I was happy I didn't take the whole Betty Crocker, 3 eggs and a cup of water way out. I think everyone else was too. I was promoted from existing job; listening to customers yelling at me to birthday cake maker and still listening to customers yell at me.

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks delicoius, and a promotion to boot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics, Meg. i love how the cake batter is pink. and i think you did a great job decorating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, chief cake baker ~ eat your heart out pineland market (and someone else who shall not be named)

    ReplyDelete