Monday, May 3, 2010

The 500. Part 2


The second time I went exploring, it was just the dogs and I. Shortly into the walk Charlie and Gina decided they didn't prefer the trail I was going to take, so they took off on their own and we didn't meet back up until I went home.

This spot was a bit further than the pond. I was prepared for it though. I brought a bag of crackers and a Gatorade.

When reaching the beaver bog I was glad Charlie had convinced Gina into going a different way. Charlie loves to swim and loves to chase other 4 legged creatures even more. I wouldn't have been able to take these photos if they had of followed me here. Mr. Beaver wasn't very happy I was hanging out in his neck of the woods. After I snuck a few picks of him he started slapping his tail in the water. I backed up in fear of being "rushed by the beavers". Ben tells us all this is a very scary thing. (Allegedly, he's been rushed be some beavers in the past)


We have all visited this spot several times now. However, this was the only time I spotted the beaver.

























To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, and so jealous! You know how many times I have driven up to the beaver pond by mom's (and the new one on Cider Mill) and wait and wait with nothing!

    However, we did get to see the ones at that camp/pond we stayed at last summer. So, I am thankful for that HEHE

    ReplyDelete