Sunday, August 15, 2010

Built With His Own Hands

While checking out websites for things to fill our empty nursery, I found a cubby set from Pottery Barn that I loved. Unfortunately Pottery Barn isn't exactly in our budget...(Who's is it in really?)
Ben took a look at it online with me and was pretty sure he could build it. We set out on a journey to Lowe's, one table saw, a dozen other tools and some wood later he was ready to start. Still spending way less than we would have on the piece of furniture online.
He spent a couple weekends picking away at the project and with every step finished I was even more impressed with the work this guy could do. One cubby is complete. I look at it every day. Ben did an amazing job on it and I couldn't be more proud to have it in the nursery. I know some day Cash will be as proud of this and his dad, as I am on a daily basis.









7 comments:

  1. Nice!, and a table saw to boot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya did good Ben! Is that some Red Sox I see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. pottery barn is overpriced, homemade is so much better nice job ben the builder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. does Ben want to build my girls a desk? hee hee hee.
    LOVE handmade furniture! Abigail and Amelia have an armoire and a shelf that Will made them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job Ben~You certaintly are impressing me!

    Love, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Megan, nice wicker basket on the bottom would be super. Ben could even make a shelf to divide the space and put 4 wicker baskets on them if space allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had one like that in my room!!

    ReplyDelete